Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Results.

we are slowly plugging away at what feels like monotony every day...work, work, read, read, work, study, read, sleep. Eat. That's about it. Sometimes we mix it up by eating WITH other people besides ourselves, those are special moments. Then back to working and reading. I miss PLAY!

But we are seeing results, on both our parts. Tim had El Presidente of Starbucks North America tour his store today, with Tim's boss, her boss, her boss, and maybe one other level boss. Lots of bossing. But lots of liking! Tim worked really hard to get his store in fantastic order and he knew his numbers and facts! Talk about crossing T's and dotting I's - Tim is TI. He's been doing that his whole life! Anyway it feels good for him to get some positive results!! No where downhill from here, but a nice breather.

I feel about the same, with putting in too much time on unending projects still not finished, but getting some great feedback on drafts along the way. At least I'm enjoying what I'm learning enough to be tolerating the time it takes! And in some cases investing more and more. And I got to play with soda and sugar and food coloring with middle school students yesterday to do a nutrition lesson with them and talk about the effects of added sugar in sweetened drinks we all like/love. Progress indeed, results, and rewards! The mountain is doable.

What makes it less doable at times is MISSING EVERYONE! When your life is just work and read and eat, you get lonely for friends and family to provide needed relief and comfort and motivation! Spring is going to be really hard because it's my favorite season in Tacoma...I can even smell the air. I'm having to distract myself from looking at everyone's blogs multiple times to see all the fun things they are doing. Major distraction and sadness! Luckily things will start to pickup here, and if we can create time to get away and explore, it will be better in no time! Anyway it's weird how all the constant busyness makes us miss and think of people even more.

Also we can't wait for all of our coming visitors!! Dinah and Ben and Julie and Owen are all coming within the next few weeks and we are so excited! That's what I call motivation. More exciting posts to come once our life becomes exciting again. Peace!

4 comments:

Mom O said...

Congrats to Tim....all that bossing around happening in HIS store....well deserved, and it's great that they gave the recognition!

Hang in there Abby...you've always known the mountain can be climbed....one step at a time...and what you see at the top will be VERY rewarding! Love You

mike and hillary said...

i think i remember you being a fellow psalty listener, so i'm wondering if your mom meant to quote one of his songs: "one step at a time...one step at a ti i i ime! i'm climbing my mountain, one step at a time." did you have that tape? can you hear it? ANYways, i love you and miss you.

Meag Diamond said...

Abs, I hear you! If you read my blog you will now that I'm feeling similar longs and pains. Glad you have some friends coming to visit. That will be a nice and deserved treat.

Timo! You rock! I'm proud of you and the work ethic you model. Your integrity and intellect always pay off. Way to go!

PT said...

Good work Tim for surviving all the bossing!

And be encouraged in your never-ending tasks without end!

Don't worry about missing spring in Tacoma... yet. We had snowflakes in the air Tuesday, and more rain today.

On a more serious note, I've been spending lots of time in transition, away from "home" (wherever that is) and find it helps me to remember why I am doing what I am doing, and to remember that God does find all sorts of interesting ways to use our experiences (both the positive and struggles). At least that's been my experience. Not that this necessarily makes the struggles less struggly (like cuddly?), of course.

Keep your heads up and ears to the ground.

PT